Images and pictures
My site is by no means graphics intensive. However, I do have the
occasional picture or other image that I want to keep online. So here
- Probably the first picture of myself I ever had online, I at one
point scanned the picture from my WPI student ID
card. Terribly low quality, with lousy coloration, but it gives a basic
idea of how I looked when I started at WPI in the fall of 1995.
- Granted, it's a couple of years old at this point, but during a
Gweep gathering, a friend of mine took a picture of
me relaxing and enjoying the party from my seat on a water cooler.
It's still mostly an accurate portrayal of my day-to-day
- The page for my graphics of the insignia of the IPO Space Force is
located elsewhere on the site.
- At the GweepNet 10-Year Party, I took one of the Gweep-G temporary
tattoos, applied it to my hand, and had
a picture taken with my hand outstretched in a Jack Kirby-style pose. I
then applied my meager Photoshop skills to produce the cosmically-powered version, complete
with Kirby-dots. (Other attempts have been made by Jon "Leviathan"
Sheen and Janice "Ardaniel"
- I tried making a Lego figure of me from some site that had a
generator on it. (I don't remember the URL.) This was as close as I could get. It's not nearly
accurate enough for my taste; the hair's not quite right, not having
bangs but rather having all of my hair pulled back, it doesn't really
properly represent my corpulence (that's more a factor of Lego figures,
though), and I had to leave off the trenchcoat and hat because it
wouldn't have looked right without the scarf, which I do not have the
Photoshop fu to create and make it look right.
- Another bit of graphics work for Eyrie Productions' Undocumented Features, I
did some photoshopping to turn an action figure for Swordman from the
Rockman games into the E-1 security droid. I
also made a comparison pic, of the E-1 droid
vs. the original Swordman image.
Chris Pinard (firstname.lastname@example.org)