210 Burncoat St.
Worcester MA 01606
- SYSTEMS and SOFTWARE:
- Significant skills and experience in Computer Programming in
Perl, C, and C++ under UNIX platforms in a High-Availability
Environment. HTML and CGI development.
Specific experience in X Window programming, UNIX (Digital Unix,
Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris) system maintenance, and cross-platform development.
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 4/95 to Present - Senior Internet Developer - RCN Corporation, Marlboro MA
- Develop systems to automate processes internal to a major Internet and
Cable Modem service provider.
- Perl, C, and Java programming.
- Write and review CGI scripts and HTML pages.
- Administer Usenet site running INN.
- Customizing programs downloaded from the InterNet, including Merit RADIUS daemon and Qualcomm's QPopper daemon.
- 1/93 to 4/95 - Programmer - Walker Sonix Inc., Worcester MA
- Develop software for international market (commercial and
research) under MS-DOS and Windows 3.1, using Borland and
Watcom compilers, and Watcom's Embedded SQL.
Design Quality Control software for proprietary medical hardware.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester MA (1989-1991)
- Computer Science major. Completed courses in Computer Programming
(Pascal, Scheme, and 80x86 Assembly), Calculus, Physics,
Chemistry, and Basic Electrical Engineering.
- Winthrop High School, Winthrop,ME
- Graduated in 1989 (College Preparatory Curriculum).
National Honor Society. Captain of Math Team. Latin Club officer.
- System Administration of Gweep.Net.
- Gweep.net is a co-operative system for a community of 250 users.
Services offered include Mail, Usenet, Web hosting, and Unix Shell Access.
- X Application Programming - Xtacy
- Xtacy is a screen saver and graphics demonstration I've developed
to experiment with X application programming and numeric algorithms.
Xtacy is distributed with the SuSE Linux collection and with FreeBSD.
Last modified: Mon Jul 26 14:32:31 EDT 2004