AAEP/United States Pony Clubs Scholarship
- General Information.
- Each accredited college/school of veterinary medicine may nominate
one AAEP student member who is a crrent or graduate Pony Club member with
a rating of C-3 or higher.
- The nominee must have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The nominee must be currently in or accepted to an accredited school
of veterinary medicine.
- Application Format
- AAEP Scholarship Program Cover Sheet.
- Undergraduate GPA.
- Cumulative GPA for Veterinary School.
- Essay: Explain why the nominee wants to enter equine practice and
specifically answer the question, "How did your Pony Club experience
influence your decision to pursue a career as an equine practitioner?"
- Essay: Explain why the applicant is deserving of the award and
specifically answer the questions, "What characteristics do you believe
distinguish you from other applicants?" and "What do you intend to have
accomplished in equine practice five to ten years from now?"
- A curriculum vitae, including a description of current or past Pony
Club accomplishments (not to exceed two pages).
- Evaluation form: Current Pony Club supervisor.
- Evaluation form: Private equine practitioner.
- A self-addressed, stamped postcard to be returned as confirmation of
Please, if you have not already, email me (Marybeth) to let me know you are
eligible for this scholarship.