AAEP/ American Live Stock Insurance Company Scholarship
- General Information.
- Each accredited college/school of veterinary medicine may nominate
one fourth-year AAEP student member who plans to enver private equine
- Each college/school may determine the criteria for nominating their
- Six $1.500 scholarships will be awarded.
- Application Format.
- AAEP Scholarship Program Cover Sheet.
- Essay: Explain why the nominee wants to enter equine practice and
specifically answer the question, "What single event most influenced your
decision to enter equine medicine?"
- Essay: Explain why the applicant is deserving of the award and
specifically answer the questions, "What characteristics do you believe
distinguish you from other applicants?" and "What do you intend to have
accomplished in equine practice five to ten years from now?"
- A curriculum vitae, not to exceed two pages.
- Evaluation form: clinical instructor familiar with the applicant's
- Evaluation form: private equine practitioner.
- A self-addressed, stamped postcard to be returned as confirmation of
Please, if you have not already, email me (Marybeth) to let me know you are
eligible for this scholarship.